Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Organization for scrapbooking scrap paper

I love scrapbooking but I have to say that the worst part is organizing all of the little bits that are cut off of the sheets of expensive paper. I spend half of my time trying to find white or cream-coloured scraps for journaling! So, I finally got so fed up that I made a connection between my empty poly expanding file organizer and my scraps: why not organize the scraps in the expanding file organizer?


There are 13 tabs in my paper organizer. I took a quick look at my paper scrap collection and came up with these categories:
  1. White
  2. Cream
  3. Yellow and Beige
  4. Red
  5. Pink and Purple
  6. Blue
  7. Green
  8. Brown
  9. Black
  10. Other: for all of the aqua, orange, grey and other colours that were not included
  11. Embellishments
  12. (and 13) Patterned: there were actually two pockets here so I organized it by the paper kits and the scrap pieces of patterned paper 
Then, it was a matter of organizing the paper scraps into the expanding file once I relabeled it according to the above categories. 


To this:


It took me about an hour to sift through my piles of paper scraps and organize them into these categories. Now I can get scrapbooking!

I hope my adventures in craft organization inspire you to do something similar! It's always great to bring order to chaos and get to work crafting instead of organizing the craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment