Sunday, February 12, 2012

Roasted garlic-infused chicken broth

If you are sick, the first thing that you think about is making hot chicken soup. Well, that's exactly what we did but I loaded up the chicken broth with roasted garlic. This stuff was so good that it will become a staple in our home!

Ingredients:
  • 1 head garlic
  • 1 900mL carton sodium-reduced chicken broth

Directions:
Cut the top off of the garlic head to expose the cloves inside and take off any loose peelings. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Once it is done, remove it from the oven.


I poured the carton of chicken broth into a medium-sized bowl then put on an oven mitt. I picked up the bulb of roasted garlic and squeezed the garlic into the bowl of broth. Anything that didn't come out easily, I used a knife to get it out.






Once all of the garlic was in the broth, I mashed it down with a potato masher to get all of the flavor out. 


Then, I got a strainer and poured the broth into my chicken and rice soup. It's as simple as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment