Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Making a lazy supper better...

I didn't want to cook last night AT ALL. No way, no how. So, I bought a bean and cheese burrito with the thought that supper would only take 2 minutes. Then my conscience stepped in saying: you have time to sauté some vegetables. I listened and it only took about 15 minutes. I did the dishes while this cooked.


Sautéed cabbage:
  • 1/4 Savoy cabbage, shredded
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • sodium-reduced chicken stock
  • salt
  • pepper
I heated up the cast-iron pan to medium and melted the butter. Add the cabbage and sauté but let it stick on a little bit. I cooked it for about 15 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. I added a splash of chicken stock whenever it was needed then seasoned it with salt and pepper before serving.


After I cooked some cabbage and green beans, I felt better about the burrito. At least I was getting some veggie intake!

No comments:

Post a Comment