Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stamped envelopes

I made these envelopes for my wedding invitations. They are exceptionally easy, just hard on the wrist and kind of monotonous after a little while. What I recommend is to make this while you are watching a great movie. You will be done by the time that it is over.



To make this project, you will need one really great large stamp, a stamping ink pad in the color of your choice, and your envelopes. I bought the Environment Woodstock envelopes from Paperworks, size A-6.

I looked at the envelope and decided on where I wanted to place the stamp, in this case, the bottom left corner of the front of the envelope. To create these envelopes, firmly place the stamp on the stamp pad to ink it. Then hover the stamp over the corner of the envelope and firmly press down. It helps to use a hard surface like a book for this so that it does the work, instead of your wrist. Lift the stamp carefully to reveal your image.

Estimated time for this project: about 2 hours. I had 250 envelopes that were finished by the end of a long movie.

Notes:
  • After about 50 envelopes, my wrist hurt so I changed my angle so that I pressed down with my entire palm instead of just one side.

2 comments: