Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bridesmaid's dress refashioned into a skirt

Back in 2008 (when I was 55 pounds heavier) I was a bridesmaid at one of my best friend's weddings. I wore a lovely blue floor-length dress.


However, after the wedding, I wasn't sure of what to do with the dress as I couldn't wear it again - especially because it no longer fit. So, I decided to turn it into a knee-length skirt. I made this before I was taking pictures of my projects and posting them on this blog so forgive my lack of visual interest for you.

I won't go into detail about how I made this one but I will be posting it in another project (stay tuned!). Here is the finished product. 



Notes:
  • If you want to make a skirt out of a bridesmaid's dress, look at the fabric. Mine was satiny so it seemed very delicate when I sewed it. By delicate, I mean that it would run like pantyhose.

No comments:

Post a Comment