Sunday, December 25, 2011

Soft Boucle Cowl

What a better way to spend winter than with a comfy, warm cowl like this one. I made it extra large so that it can wrap around the neck twice.

Yarn: 2 balls Bernat Soft Boucle Yarn in Teal Twist
Needle: Size 8 (5.0 mm) 16-inch circular



Pattern:
Cast on 36 stitches. Knit for 50 inches. Bind off loosely. Take some scrap boucle yarn and sew up the two seams then weave in all ends.

Notes:
  • I used 1 1/2 balls of this yarn, about 315-320 yards or so.
  • Don't pull on the boucle yarn because it will fray, unravel and break! 
  • I found that the boucle yarn got knotted easily (in the ball). When I pulled the yarn out of the ball, sometimes it was knotted up which drove me crazy. I guess that is called a yarn barf. I had to cut it, fix the knots and weave it back in again.
  • I also found it difficult to thread the boucle yarn into a large knitting needle for sewing the cowl together.
  • I am sure that a pattern for a cowl like this already exists so I am not posting this on Ravelry. If one does exist, I did not copy it. I thought of this on my own and that is a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment