Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Restringing Christmas ornaments

I bought some lovely wooden ornaments for my tree but I absolutely hated the flimsy little string that came with it. It didn't match my decor and I knew that I had to restring them with something stronger.

For this quick project, I used the wooden ornaments, scissors and jute twine (bought from Dollarama).

I cut the string that came with the ornaments with the scissors:




Then restrung the ornaments with jute twine that I cut to the proper length then tied a knot at the top:





Then I was done!


I did these ones too:


Estimated time for this project: about 10 minutes. Perhaps less than that to cut then restring each ornament but 10 minutes total.

Notes:
  • You can do this with any ornaments. Now I am looking at my collection for other ones where the flimsy string just doesn't fit the style of the ornament. This also works for heavy ornaments with tiny strings.
  • This was so easy and logical that I thought it would be silly to post this but you'd be surprised how many people don't buy ornaments because the strings are too thin. So, here is an idea for all of those out there.
Ideas:
  • I used jute twine but you can easily restring ornaments with embroidery floss, ribbon or anything else that fits your theme. It all depends on how you decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment