Saturday, November 5, 2011

Remodeling my Christmas stocking

I grew up with this Christmas stocking. It was made by my great aunt when I was about two years old so I am very attached to it. However, as I got older I found it rather dated. There is no way that I can get rid of this stocking and use a new one so I decided to remodel it -- slightly. I don't want to ruin it or completely take it apart.



First, I removed the heart and the cuff with a seam ripper. 



Here is my stocking. It felt strange to see it without the heart and lacy cuff.


Then, I took the brown blanket ribbon that I used for my Christmas tree skirt and lined the cuff with it. I sewed it to the stocking.



I have to admit that I don't feel like this stocking is done. Perhaps I will stencil it with brown paint like my burlap garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment