I made this the same way that I made my felt gift bags (so the directions are there) with these small differences:
- I did a zigzag stitch around all of the inside seams to keep it from fraying.
- I folded the top under twice to create a seam at the top but with enough space to pass a ribbon through. Once this was sewn down, I cut two holes and passed a ribbon through the same way that I passed the elastic through my remade white skirt. The ribbon acts as a drawstring.
- This could be made from almost any leftover fabric, I imagine.
- If I had made this from new fabric, I'd make it out of oilcloth.
- To keep the ribbon in the bag, I knotted it at the ends but also close to the holes so that it didn't come out.