(don't mind my picture, I forgot to use cooking spray)
- 1 cup cleaned, sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dethawed, cooked spinach (from frozen)
- 1/4 cup sodium-reduced feta cheese, chopped up
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- Cooking spray (ex. PAM)
Turn the oven on 385 F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Meanwhile, add vegetables and feta cheese to a baking dish and stir well. In another medium-sized bowl, crack and add eggs. Discard shells and remove any traces of shell from the eggs. Add milk and Bisquick then stir together well with a whisk to break up any lumps. Add to baking dish with vegetables then bake for 40 minutes. Serve!
- The base for this quiche is the milk, Bisquick and eggs. Once you have that down, anything is possible.The cheese ratio is usually 1 cup of shredded cheese but I reduced it given the strong flavor of feta cheese.
- I have also made quiche muffins before. I sprayed the muffin tin with cooking spray then I mixed it up in a mixing bowl then added it by a 1/2 cup measuring cup to each muffin. Baking time is around 30 minutes.
- I added no salt to this particular combination because I had feta cheese in it. However, with other combinations you might want to add salt and pepper to taste before baking.
- Green pepper, mushrooms and ham with shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded apple (or pear), ham and very sharp or old shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot salsa, corn and shredded cheddar cheese
- Broccoli, ham or bacon and cheese (blue cheese, Havarti, cheddar, etc.)
- Leftover chopped chicken or turkey, green pepper, spinach and cheese (any of the above choices although feta would be stellar)
- Red pepper, asparagus and Swiss cheese (or Emmenthal, Havarti, Gouda, etc.)
- Sliced potato, bacon and 1 cup very sharp or old shredded cheddar cheese
- Red pepper, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese
- Caramelized onions, mushrooms and leftover beef roast with cheese (perhaps cheddar or Havarti)
- Roasted cauliflower, red pepper and onions with Jahlsberg cheese (or Havarti, Gouda)