Yarn: 2 balls Bernat Soft Boucle Yarn in Teal Twist
Needle: Size 8 (5.0 mm) 16-inch circular
Cast on 36 stitches. Knit for 50 inches. Bind off loosely. Take some scrap boucle yarn and sew up the two seams then weave in all ends.
- I used 1 1/2 balls of this yarn, about 315-320 yards or so.
- Don't pull on the boucle yarn because it will fray, unravel and break!
- I found that the boucle yarn got knotted easily (in the ball). When I pulled the yarn out of the ball, sometimes it was knotted up which drove me crazy. I guess that is called a yarn barf. I had to cut it, fix the knots and weave it back in again.
- I also found it difficult to thread the boucle yarn into a large knitting needle for sewing the cowl together.
- I am sure that a pattern for a cowl like this already exists so I am not posting this on Ravelry. If one does exist, I did not copy it. I thought of this on my own and that is a coincidence.
Post a Comment