Monday, September 12, 2011

Reusable Knit Makeup Remover Pads

I am gradually replacing disposable items with reusable items. The latest one that I wanted to tackle was makeup remover pads.

These are super easy to make.

Needle size: US 9 (5.5 mm)

Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Yarn, 100% cotton,
50 g ball

Pattern:

Cast on 12 stitches. Knit for 23 rows. Bind off on 24th row.

Weave in ends.





Estimated time for this project: 20 minutes, unless you are exceptionally speedy!

Notes:
  • I recommend a worsted-weight cotton yarn for this because it is much softer than acrylic. I made one out of Vanna's Choice yarn and it's so scratchy that I don't want to use it. 
  • These can be machine washed just like everything else which is fabulous. 
  • 2 50 g balls made 15 makeup remover pads.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, These pads are very nice. I knitted some of them myself using a pattern published in DROPS Design "DROPS 139" (http://garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=130&d_id=39&lang=us).

    Your pattern is so similar that it seems to me that it's a copy.

    BR Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came up with these one day while I was looking at my cotton face pads. Although, I did see the DROPS pattern on Ravelry as well. These are similar but I only realized that after I had posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not really fair to call someone out on "copying" a garter stitch square, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. eco-friendly, We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

    ReplyDelete