Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Laptop Sleeve for Men

We really like technology but we want to protect it. So, I made a laptop sleeve for my husband's laptop to protect it whenever he travels or for general protection. This fits a thin, 13-inch computer and can be adjusted.

I added a stripe to this but that is optional.




Needle size: size 8 (5.0 mm) 29 inch circular
Yarn: RedHeart Super Saver yarn

Cast on 90 stitches in main color.

Start rib pattern for 6 rows.

Rib pattern:
Row 1: knit two, purl two, repeat until the end of the row.
Row 2: purl two, knit two.

At the end of the 6 rib rows (ending on the RS), switch to the WS. Knit in stockinette by purling this row and knitting the next. After 8 rows, switch to your second color on the WS (which is optional). Knit in stockinette for 6 rows. Switch back to main color on the purl side. Knit in stockinette (purl one, knit one) for 11 more inches in the main color. Bind off. Sew up the seams and weave in ends. 




 Estimated time for this project: about 1 week (7 days) if you work on it for one hour every day.

Notes:
  • I didn't do this in the round (or join the stitches) but I will for the next one that I make. The directions wouldn't differ much. 
  • I made this for a man hence the grey and green colors, but this could easily be made with girly colors. 
  • The stripe is not necessary. It is possible to omit that part. I did that to make it look like a real sock.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance you have a rough idea of yardage? I have a lot of stash I could use but nervy about amounts....

    ReplyDelete