Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Product review: Juicy Fruit Dessert Gum

I have been watching the commercials for dessert gum but it was only a few days ago that I found it available in Canada. I was delighted! I bought all three kinds: Apple Pie, Strawberry Shortcake and Orange Creamsicle.


Orange Creamsicle: I found the flavor of this gum rather fake but it is a pretty good imitation of an orange creamsicle. The taste lasts only about 10 minutes but that is alright. The texture doesn't change over time (like regular Juicy Fruit gum) and I've found myself chewing it for a few hours without even realizing it. Overall review: 6 out of 10.

Strawberry Shortcake: the flavor of this gum came off as REALLY fake to me. I have to give them credit though because you can almost taste the bun, strawberries and whipped cream. The flavor isn't so great once it fades away though and I found that it had an aftertaste. I don't think that I will buy this one again. Overall review: 4 out of 10.

Apple Pie: this was the STAR! I absolutely love this gum! It really does taste like apple pie with cinnamon and everything! The flavor is truly stellar and although it fades after 10 minutes, I don't care. I love this gum and I will buy it again. I might even chew this in place of apple pie. Overall review: 9 out of 10.

Main points:
  • Texture: good, doesn't change over time
  • Flavor: only Apple Pie one was good but all of them last only about 10 minutes
  • Price: SCARY. I think they are $2.49 per package which is insane. Wait a few months until they are about $1.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment